Sunday, February 24, 2013

North American Handmade Bicycle Show | Denver 2013

It's winter in Colorado and today we were under blizzard conditions here in Boulder County.  I haven't had much of a chance to take the mountain bike out at all in 2013 and it's been tough to find things to do indoors.  Thankfully Denver came through this weekend by hosting this years North American Handmade Bike Show.

This was my first time attending and I'm so glad I took the time to experience one of the coolest shows to come through town.  The show was very well attended and at times at certain booths it was elbow to elbow, especially at the Boo booth.  I also noticed that the Fat Bikes were getting a lot of attention, perhaps because the show was in Denver or maybe this is the new direction we're headed and we'll all be replacing our worn out standards with Fatties.  Maybe not but I know someone who'll be adding one to their collection.  

I wasn't prepared to give a play by play of my day in bicycle wonderland but I did snap some pictures of some of the coolest and most interesting items on display.  Here are some of my favorites from the show; enjoy.


Coolest Fat Bike


Coolest Fat Bike (wood)


Most Unusual

Best for Trail Work

Most Impractical

Coolest Display

Most Lustrous

Coolest Wood

Most Beautiful

Coolest Booth

Artists Favorite

Simple yet Sophisticated
 

No comments:

Post a Comment